A1A Express Auto Shipping Terms and Conditions
1. A1A Express Auto Shipping (d.b.a. A1A Express Auto Shipping) is a registered broker (ICC/MC 753142) and will be referred to hereafter as A1A Express Auto Shipping or A1A. A1A Express Auto Shipping is a licensed and bonded Freight Broker. The company is responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation that handles its own damage claims in a professional manner. Processing damage claims can take up to a few weeks, since the drivers must return to their office with the original Bill of Lading in addition to condition reports.
2. A1A Express Auto Shipping, in accordance with this agreement, will use a designated reliable carrier to ship the vehicle(s) specific to the quotation on or about the dates requested. As is conventional in the auto transport industry, A1A Express Auto Shipping and its designated carrier cannot guarantee specific pickup or delivery dates. Additionally, A1A Express Auto Shipping and its carrier are not responsible for car rentals.
3. This order is subject to all the terms and conditions listed in the carrier’s Bill of Lading, which are incorporated herein. Copies of the aforementioned bill are available at the office of the carrier.
4. A1A Express Auto Shipping and its carrier, with the consenting signature of the owner or shipper of the vehicle(s)’ signature, are legally authorized to transport the designated vehicle from the pickup point to the point of delivery agreed upon on the Bill of Lading. Should the owner or shipper of the vehicle(s) be unavailable for pickup or delivery, A1A Express Auto Shipping must be notified immediately.
5. A1A Express Auto Shipping does not guarantee any specific driver or carrier for the transport.
6. The only accepted forms of payment for the delivery of a vehicle through A1A and its carrier are cashier’s checks or cash on delivery. Should the owner or shipper of the vehicle be unable to make the specified payment methods, the vehicle will be stored at his or her expense. Additionally, if, for any reason, the owner of the vehicle is unable to accept delivery of the vehicle, the shipment will be placed in storage, again at the owner’s expense. Any and all storage and/or delivery expenses will be the sole responsibility of the owner of the designated vehicle.
7. The owner of the vehicle bears the responsibility of preparing the vehicle for transport. A1A Express Auto Shipping or the carrier are not responsible for any part of the vehicle that may fall off during transport or for damage to any third-party vehicle(s) that may be involved. All loose parts, protruding or fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas, fog lights, etc., must be removed or properly secured before transport of the vehicle. Any damage to or caused by the unsecured parts will be the sole responsibility of the vehicle’s owner.
8. A1A Express Auto Shipping or the carrier is not responsible for convertible tops that are loose, torn , or exhibit visible wear. A1A Express Auto Shipping or carrier will not be responsible for vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras, or any other type of canvas or material covering.
9. A1A Express Auto Shipping or its carrier is not responsible for any mechanical or electrical malfunctions, leaking fluids, or exhaust systems associated with the vehicle that is to be transported.
10. Additionally, is is the customer’s responsibility to deactivate any alarm system installed in the car, and he or she must provide any necessary keys and/or remotes that may contribute to the deactivation of the alarm system.
11. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle(s) to be transported are in proper working order. Should a vehicle become inoperable during transport, a $200.00 will be incurred upon its owner, which will be due at the time of delivery. Any other costs associated with the inoperable vehicle will be the responsibility of the owner.
12. Federal regulations prohibit A1A Express Auto Shipping or its carrier from knowingly transporting vehicles with personal items anywhere within the vehicle. Should any such items be present in the vehicle(s) unbeknown to A1A Express Auto Shipping or its carrier, any fines levied due to the violation of a the aforementioned federal regulations will be the responsibility of the customer.
13. A1A Express Auto Shipping or its carrier will not be responsible for any damage caused by natural occurrences such as, but not limited to, earthquakes, floods, fires, tornados, sandstorms, or hail storms. Any damage inflicted upon the vehicle that is caused by flying objects from the sky or road during transport will be the responsibility of either the customer and/or the company with which the car is insured. Additionally, any form of vandalism to the vehicle to be transported will not be the responsibility of A1A Express Auto Shipping or its carrier. The Customer must maintain his/her insurance for this purpose.
14. Should any damage occur due to negligence of the carrier, all compensation must be paid at the time of delivery. All damage must be accurately noted on the Bill of Lading and signed by both the driver and the Customer. Signing the Bill of Lading without any notation of damages during transport is a confirmation that the customer or his representative has received the vehicle in good and acceptable condition and that A1A Express Auto Shipping and its affiliates are relieved of any further responsibility regarding the vehicle’s condition. It is recommended that the customer or his representative thoroughly check the vehicle upon delivery.
15. Any claims of damage during transport against A1A Express Auto Shipping or its affiliates must be submitted within 24 hours of delivery of the vehicle. Any claims must be submitted in writing directly to the carrier with a thorough description of the damage and clear pictures of the damage that is acknowledged in the claims. Additionally, two estimates of the extent of the damage must be submitted within ten days of receipt of the vehicle in question in order for any resolution of the problem to be initiated. A1A Express Auto Shipping, in good faith, will assist the customer in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will A1A Express Auto Shipping assume responsibility for any negligence caused by the assigned carrier. If the value of the customer’s vehicle is higher than the market value, A1A Express Auto Shipping recommends that the customer purchase a special insurance rider.
16. Any claim or controversy arising from this agreement, or performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Middlesex County, New Jersey. The customer must waive any right to jurisdiction of this matter at any other location. A1A Express Auto Shipping can only be liable up to the amount of the deposit in the quotation furnished to the customer. Under no circumstances can A1A Express Auto Shipping be held liable for damages caused by the designated carrier.
17. If the assigned driver is unable to pick up a customer’s car at their designated pickup address due to traffic, street, or legal restrictions, the customer must meet the driver at a nearby location to load the car.
18. If the customer has a dispute regarding charges, the customer must notify A1A Express Auto Shipping in writing. Should disputes be pursued by the customer, the customer shall assume any costs for the dispute/charge-back including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees and collection agency fees.
19. Deliveries are subject to carrier availability, so we cannot guarantee pick up or delivery dates. Prices are subject to change.
20. Once an order has been placed no refunds will be issued. Any additional payments required by the carrier due to cancellation is the sole responsibility of the customer. An additional administrative fee of $50 will be charged to all cancelled or rescheduled orders.
1. Damage to antennas (including antennas that do not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body) or car phones, this includes loss or damage to audio or video equipment not installed in the factory.
2. Damage not detected at pickup location, due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
3. Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
4. Damage to exhaust system, suspension, undercarriage, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, battery charging system. A1A Express Auto Shipping or its agents do not accept responsibility for these items, since no evaluation of these components or systems are made at the pickup location.
5. Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant.
6. Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
7. Damage from fallout resulting from acts of God.
8. Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
9. Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie down holes.
10. Damage of fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in the vehicle.
11. Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power, whether because the vehicle will not run or has lost its braking system.
12. For more information on our services or policies, feel free to contact us today.